July Newsletter 2020
I can't tell you how happy I am to get the club back going again. We know there have been some changes but I just want to thank everyone for coming in with such a positive and energetic attitude. I think the reservation system for the lap pools have been a success and we are looking into adding some more time for the swimmers.
I really hope that everyone comes by the club and checks out how clean and safe everything is around the club. It's been great getting all the positive feedback on how the club looks. We have put in a tremendous amount of time and resources to make the club a safe environment for all members. We are also adding more and more Zoom classes for those members that would like to take group classes at the comfort of their own home.
Also, please check out the new look of the Café! We have a beautiful Café counter and a great menu. Please be aware of the new hours 8:00-1:00 and 3:00-6:00 daily. Also, don't hesitate to call the café to place an order to go!
Please remember that at this moment we cannot allow guests to use the facility. It is very important for us to keep the members safety in mind and we feel this allows for that environment. As things settle down we will start allowing guests but at this moment we want to keep the club for members only. We also hope to get the Sauna open in the near future. We are waiting for the County to give us the green light.
We hope everyone has a great July and drops by the club soon!!
See Ya at the Club,
MASK POLICY AT OVAC
We want to be clear regarding our policy on wearing masks in and around the club. We require all members to wear a mask when they visit the club. If you do not have one, we will provide a mask at the front desk. Once a member is at their class or fitness area they can take the mask off. Masks are only off indoors when you are exercising. Once outside, masks are optional other than when you are close to others.
Please be considerate of others and wear a mask when visiting OVAC. Thanks!!
HOW CAN I BE SAFE WORKING OUT?
By Danielle Wommack, Fitness Director
We are OPEN! I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I am to be able to say those words. But even more importantly than being open is providing you a safe environment in which you can come complete your workouts. So, let me reassure you that we are working tirelessly throughout the day and night to continually clean equipment and surfaces. In addition, our staff will all be wearing masks while working except for those actively exercising. Additionally, members will all be wearing masks, except when exercising.
But, what else can you do to ensure that you stay healthy? Here is what you need to know:
- Step one should always be to wash your hands before getting started with your workout or heading to a group exercise class.
- While working out indoors or participating in one of our indoor group exercise classes, maintain a distance of 12 feet away from others.
- You will notice some exercise equipment has been put away as it is not possible to easily disinfect them immediately after use (yoga mats, yoga blankets, yoga straps, hanging leg raise straps, etc.). Feel free to ask myself, your personal trainer, or your instructor for substitutes that will keep you safe.
- Bring your own bottle for water and bring your own towel. The drinking fountains are posted as out of service, except for touchless bottle filling, and we are not providing towels at this time. Make sure that you do not use the same towel to wipe your face that you used for laying over surfaces or equipment.
- Speak up to your personal trainer or your group fitness instructor if you feel safer outside rather than in the enclosed gym space. We have dedicated areas set aside to accommodate your workouts and classes.
- If you are choosing to avoid the gym altogether, either indoors or outdoors on our beautiful oak filled grounds, we are ready to support that decision. Our personal training staff and our group fitness instructors are prepared to provide their sessions/classes via Zoom to provide you with your all-important immune-boosting workouts. We are even doing our small group workouts via Zoom.
- Wipe down all surfaces and equipment that you come into contact with both BEFORE and AFTER your workout. And this includes your cell phone and/or headphones.
- Explore new spaces. We have emptied the Adult Lounge to provide a new area for stretching or working out. In addition, remember the downstairs gym, the upstairs gym patio, and the Spin room are also great alternatives. We have even spread out equipment and you will find some cardio machines in the Spin room and on the upstairs gym patio.
- Finally, we end where we began. After finishing your workout or your class, your next stop should be to wash your hands again.
My staff and I are fully committed to helping all our members feel safe and comfortable returning to their workouts. And we would like to help you with ANY questions or concerns, so please don't hesitate to reach out. It can be for simple reassurance to requests for workout help to nutrition advice to how busy has the gym been. Anything. Because we are all in this together. I can be reached at email@example.com.
LAP POOL RESERVATIONS
Great News! Starting July 1st the lap pool lane reservation time slots will increase from 30 minutes per sessions to 45 minutes per session. Reservation booking will still open at 5pm each day for a 24 hour booking window. Thank you for continuing to to physically distance, wearing your mask while walking to the pool and refraining from sharing equipment. Have a great swim!
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
OVAC is offering private swim lessons for stroke development. The lessons are taught safely from the deck and all equipment is sanitized before and after the lesson.
One swimmer: 4-30min lesson package $150
Two Swimmers: 4-30 min lesson package $220
Contact: Bethany Wickholm firstname.lastname@example.org
HELLO OVAC TENNIS FAMILY
I seriously cannot believe that it is already July! I'm sure we can all agree that this is not the year that we wanted or expected but we do what we do to get by and try to make each day better than the last.
As we try to regain some sense of normalcy, some familiar sights, though modified, have returned. The courts are occupied each day with people happy to be outdoors and enjoying what has been up to this point (knock wood) a very temperate summer. Fingers crossed it remains that way.
We are also pleased to announce youth mini-camps for the summer so please contact me if you'd like your child 7 years or older to participate. I'm sorry we have to exclude our younger members this time around as the distancing thing will prove too difficult this year.
Summer Junior Tennis at OVAC
OVAC is offering group lessons for our juniors this summer.
Please contact Steve Beckendorf at email@example.com or text at 805-746-0819.
Classes will follow proper social distancing guidelines and all mandated safety protocols.
Ages 7-14 will be allowed
Classes will be small groups with no more than 8:1 student/coach ratio. Players will be separated by court based on age and level. Space is limited so sign up early
Sessions 9:00 to 11:00 Monday-Friday with swim from 11:00 to 11:30 (optional)
July 6-10, Beginners ages 7-14
July 13-17,Beginners ages 7-14
*July 20-24, Adv/Int ages 11-14 ONLY
Aug 3-7, Beginners ages 7-14
Sign up available at OVAC Front Desk
The Ladies Interclub season produced two championship teams emanating from OVAC! The ladies A2 and B teams both wound up at the top of the heap and their 1st palace trophies will be on display at the club shortly. Congrats to all!
Some of the A2's basking in the glow of their win
The B Team participating in their celebratory zoom call/happy hour.
PICKLEBALL AT OVAC
The pickleball courts are open ready for use for all members at this time. Please contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in playing or getting together with other members to try this fun sport (imagine ping pong on a miniature tennis court) that is growing in popularity each year.
It has been great getting back into the Pilates routine! I have missed our members and I am so thankful to be able to work out with everyone again. The Pilates studio is all private training, allowing for it to feel extremely safe for myself and the members. No other persons can pass through the studio during a session so I highly encourage considering this training if you are not already. We sanitize thoroughly after each client and the instructors keep their distance. If you would like to start private Pilates training please contact me, Georgia Cotsis, at email@example.com, or Kelsey Eckerson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Georgia's schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Kelsey's schedule: Wednesday and Saturday.
We hope to see more of you soon!